Ready to spin green into gold?
Canna-businesses are growing like… well, weeds, but there’s still plenty of room for growers and enthusiasts to turn a little green into a lot of green.
It comes as no surprise that businesses that specialize in both cannabis and hemp are heavily regulated. Although 36 states (and D.C.) have legalized medical marijuana and 15 states (plus D.C.) have legalized recreational use, cannabis is still illegal on a federal level. As such, the industry is subject to unique considerations and challenges.
Are you interested in becoming the Royal Highness of your own cannabis empire? We’ve gathered some resources to get you started.
So you want to set up a legal marijuana business:
- Setting Up a Legal Marijuana Business: State Laws to Know
- Your State-by-State Guide to Cannabis Cultivation Business Application and Licensing Fees
- State-by-State Marijuana Policies Resource Map
- What Are the Business License Requirements for a Cannabis Business
- How to legally start a cannabis business
- 10 questions to ask before starting a cannabis business
Funding for Canna-Business
- Funding Platforms for Marijuana Startups
- Where to Find Funding for a Cannabis Business
- Cannabis Business Loans: How to Fund Your Cannabusiness
Get Highly Educated
- Oaksterdam University
- Clover Leaf University
- USciences Online
- IAP Career College
- Stockton University
Before you transform your shed into a grow house, remember although marijuana may be legal in your state, it’s best to consult local resources to ensure you’re in compliance with local laws. Also, keep in mind that hemp and cannabis regulations are often different. So, if you’re jumping on the CBD train, make sure you get hemp-specific information.
If you’re not quite ready to start your own business, there are a number of black-owned dispensaries and canna-businesses you can support right now.